Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Eden

"Eden"

my love -
i admire
your unwavering spirit,
your romantic intent.
your faithless salitter.

i've forgotten how to think:
you've rearranged me.

though still,
no one is funny.

the air is empty but there is a light
coming from underneath your
door.

at an old oak desk your pen
scribbles words about touching skin
& remembering the way blood flows.
i've pinned your old poems to the inside
of my jacket for memory or for safekeeping.

but now

you talk in theories i don't recognize.
refining
speech
diagramming
words.
words
that measure me.

a strategy -
a scale balancing options:

calculating what i could be traded in for.

i'd better get a drink, before i get
bored.
bored standing in our bedroom door
drinking.

you'd never find me & i won't call
i'll just stand there
drinking,
just fucking
drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment