Sunday, January 15, 2012

all good things

"all good things"

the words i have spoken are the structure
of all goodnight kisses. my tongue is an
architect & my teeth are a workshop of
directionless poets.

my eyes have always searched for
a muse with something of a subtle
urgency, though never desperation.
though usually i see through glass;
now my vision is clear.

i want time to hold me hostage.

i've spoken the truth over a hundred times
since the day i encountered then
reencountered you days later.

i have seen my friends' faces in moments
of writer's block. i have spoken sentences
about the simpleness of money & the way
snow comes when it is needed the most.

i cannot compare these things to
the way you have made my warm blood
cool & retreat to the corners of my body.
this is not a love poem nor is it a
renunciation. this is a heart's noise-making.

No comments:

Post a Comment