Monday, January 30, 2012

hallways of always

"hallways of always"

i begged for one last summer,
my lover but there is a darkness.

your voice no longer carries in
the hallways of always. goodbye
is only a word, so keep your
head from your hands-
our love has never spoiled.

you stand naked with uneasy eyes.
through life, i've given you the stars
but now all i can give is my jacket. babe, i
want you today & i'll want you tomorrow.

if i had a father he'd tell me that
there is a light that i'll meet,
that'll vindicate me. but darling,
it is surely no home for me.

the bottles are empty & money spent.
as the curtain is drawn, i've made amends
with past lovers, my brother, & friends.
before i hit the road, i should say goodbye,
'cause surely it's closing time.

love is a possessed word; a false
clock that ticks out of spite.




No comments:

Post a Comment